Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:15:59 +0000

Jeff - wrote:
> Looking at the Networking tab in Windows Task Manager, during the "freeze" there is network activity which drops off once it unfreezes.
>
> Nothing is done other than opening a directory on a share.  Waiting a few minutes and then hitting the Back button starts the 10 minute freeze again.
>
> Also in reference to the link I sent earlier, my remote machine is on the same domain but I'm experiencing a similar problem.
>
> What do you recommend to change to try and figure out what's wrong?  Once I'm at the file server I'm going to remove the AV running on it.

Not being a Windows networker it is difficult to say. I would try to
analyse what kind of traffic is seen while in freeze. This may give an
indication of the reason behind this freeze. I would _believe_ it has to
do something with the way M$ detects network ressources, just monitor
the tunnel traffic and you should see what is going on.

cheers