Re: [Openvpn-users] remote client resolve hostnames on VPN's LAN?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] remote client resolve hostnames on VPN's LAN?
  • From: "Jeff Crocker" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:26:30 -0700

Update…

I am able to connect via VPN connection if I enter the hostname WITH
the domain. For example…

I have an Asus router at 192.168.88.254 on my LAN given the hostname
"asus". The local domain is "cg.lan". If I enter "asus.cg.lan" it
resolves. If I enter only "asus", it does not, BUT when I'm directly
connected to the LAN (no VPN), "asus" DOES work.

At this point, it's somewhat of a moot point because it does work by
entering the full name, but I would like to learn why it works this
way. Why can't I enter only "asus" when connected via the VPN?

I may need to provide further details. If so, please let me know what.