Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:03:18 -0700

Sorry, I'm talking about a 10 minute wait that my remote machine freezes.  During this "freeze" the cpu usage is minimal.  I tried disabling the AV on the remote machine, no
change.   Again I'm not near the fileserver to disable that AV to see if it's the cause.

I found this posting:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=049201c54cfc%2436cde560%240204a8c0%40admmisbrentp

Currently I'm pushing DNS information across to the client, but not the WINS.  DNS is working fine on the client, ie I can ping the server using the hostname.  Speaking of ping, the
ping time is about 60ms for the fileserver which is decent.  I'm not even sure what WINS is.  I read that it's not really used anymore in Windows but is there for backward
compatibility.

=
Foundation Engineering
Metal Building Foundation Design and engineering.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=aec2698b21c0707fd066eac665bfa977