Re: [Openvpn-users] remote client resolve hostnames on VPN's LAN?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] remote client resolve hostnames on VPN's LAN?
  • From: "Jose Manuel" <correojose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:54:55 +0200

I have my Lan´s Dns in my VPN client, and resolve name perfectly.
You have a route / firewall problem?

2007/6/21, Jeff Crocker <jeffcrocker@xxxxxxxxx>:
Is there a way for a remote client to resolve hostnames on the VPN's
LAN without adding entries to the remote client's host file?

My DHCP server assigns static IPs and hostnames to devices on my
network, but when I connect to my LAN via VPN connection (routed), my
computer is not able to resolve the hostnames (manually entering IPs
works great). I have tried pushing my DNS server's address, but that
doesn't work. Am I on the right track? I know I can make this work by
manually adding entries to the local computer's hosts file, but I
would prefer not to.

Any ideas?