[Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows Shares Slow over VPN
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:08:45 -0700

I have OpenVPN server (tun+tls) running on a linux box, which is my gateway box.

I can connect remotely using a Windows XP Pro machine.

We have another machine on the LAN running Windows Server 2003 which is acting as a file server.  It has a Windows Share.

On my remote client machine, I can connect fine and browse the share which is mapped.  The performance is alright except for certain directories.  I'm not sure if it's due to large
file sizes or that those files are .exe

Anyone else experience similar problems?  The log files on the client size are clean.  I am not near the OpenVPN server logs at the moment.

=
Alcoholism Treatment Center, MI
Insight is a comprehensive provider of substance abuse and mental health services.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=fd2d6ed832f244dfbed94ab4b618f855