[Openvpn-users] TAP blocks outward pings

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] TAP blocks outward pings
  • From: "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:22:29 -0400

I set up a TAP on my Linux FC4 box, using a the scripts
copied from http://openvpn.net/bridge.html.  After I
execute the bridge-start script, I can no longer ping
to anything outside the Linux box, including the router
that serves it.  The problem persists if iptables is
shit off.  When I run openvpn, I get failures that
can be explained by this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Mike.