[Openvpn-users] Return route? help!

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Return route? help!
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:27:09 -0700

Currently I operate a local LAN: 192.168.150.XXX

I am trying to setup and test OpenVPN BEFORE I disrupt service to all the users on the network.

So far I have OpenVPN client/server working in this fashion using tun:

192.168.150.XXX LAN
My test VPN Gateway
OpenVPN Server:
router to move test machine to a different subnet (192.168.50.XXX)
My remote Windows XP test machine
OpenVPN Client

>From my test machine I can ping

By placing:
push "route" into my server.conf
I am able to also ping from my remote test machine.

I can not ping other machines on my local LAN (192.168.150.XXX).

Currently the local LAN's DHCP and DNS runs from a Windows Server 2003 box.  :-(

Am I just missing a return route on my local LAN to push all traffic back to my VPN gateway?  (ie.

If so, would I do that in the DNS controls somehow on the Windows Server 2003 box?  If so anyone have experience doing that since I can not disrupt the organization is things go wrong.

Kodak Flyers Printing
Fast turnaround. No setup fee. Short runs. Look your best today.

OpenVPN mailing lists