[Openvpn-users] ping non-vpn address of client

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] ping non-vpn address of client
  • From: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:26:28 +1000

I am a newbie to openvpn - looks great thus far. I have successfully
connected my home office to the central office and can ping the normal
address of the vpn server e.g. (as well as I
cannot, however, ping the client's adapter ip e.g. from the
server (only the vpn address of

Is this by design or should I be able to communicate both ways as if they
were on the LAN?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Buckham

Project Manager