Re: [Openvpn-users] Basic TAP question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Basic TAP question
  • From: "Serge Wautier" <serge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:58:06 +0200

> and do nothing to another
> box on the same subnet

Is this 2nd box on the physical LAN or on the TAP interface (i.e. OpenVPN
client)?

If it's on the LAN, you need to setup a bridge between the TAP interface and
the LAN interface on the server (as explained in the OpenVPN docs).
If you want to setup a TAP-based set of OpenVPN clients that can see each
other then your only option is to use --client-to-client (but it kind of
defeats the benefits of TAP since it doesn't let broadcast traffic through
(I think)).

HTH,

Serge.
http://www.apptranslator.com