[Openvpn-users] MsWin Bridge Problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] MsWin Bridge Problem
  • From: "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:53:58 -0400

Under a Vigor router . I have (among other things)
two Win2k boxes with IP addresses and
Outside, I have a laptop with WinXp.
I just downloaded the latest OpenVPN.  On, I
installed a server-bridge, and on the laptop I installed a
client.  All of this is nested within an old Linksys router to simulate a WAN.  The Vigor WAN IP addr is set to . The Vigor filter is set to pass all ICMP. Now
when I activate the VPN, this is the situation:

1. On the laptop I can click "My Network Places"  to get to .
2. On the Laptop I cannot get to .
3. Pings from the laptop to or fail.
4. Pings from either or to the
   laptop ( succeed.

I have ZoneAlarm on all these boxes, but the problem persists
when all software firewalls are shut off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Michael D. Berger

Openvpn-users mailing list