[Openvpn-users] Reprompting for passwords on restart

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Reprompting for passwords on restart
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:24:41 -0500

I'm using auth-user-pass. When I restart the client with a "signal HUP",
the client does not ask for a new password when reconnecting (either on
the console or via the management interface).

This is unfortunate, because I'm putting together a GUI that shuts down
the tunnel by "hold on" followed by "signal sighup", and I want to force
reauthentication on a reconnect attempt.

Do I have any options other than doing a "signal sigterm" and relying on
the user's system to be configured to automatically restart the service?