Re: [Openvpn-users] Delete certificates

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Delete certificates
  • From: "Lars Bonnesen" <lars_bonnesen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:25:59 +0200

Try modifying the revoke-full and revoke-cert script for doing that !! I'm sure you'll need no more than 2-3 new lines and it's done.

The idea of revoking a certificate and it still continue valid for some hours does bother me a lot. If i revoke a certificate, i want the connection to be denied NOW ... and not in some hours, where the cron job will run.

OK, once a day can be adequate for your system ... but im sure modifying the revoke scripts will be extremely easy and you'll get immediatly revokation working :)

Ok, you are right - why not place the file the right place in the first go...

Another thing. How to reissue a certificate. For instance if you would like to enable a password on a certificate or force a change on it? Is it as simple as to run build-key-pass again, or do you have to revoke and issue a new certificate (with a new common name)?

Regards, Lars.