Re: [Openvpn-users] Delete certificates

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Delete certificates
  • From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:19:39 -0300

Lars Bonnesen escreveu:
>>    Yeah .... you're having permission problems on the file.
>>
>>    Please note that OpenVPN starts as root, read all the key (CA,
>> server, etc) as root and then drop privileges to the desired user. In
>> your case, nobody.
>>
>>    The CRL file is the only key file that is read again in each
>> connection. So, it must be readable to the low-privilege user you
>> choose.
>>
>>    The error you're having simply indicates that OpenVPN is not being
>> able to read the file.
>>
>>    Fix the permissions problem. Check file permissions as well as
>> directory permissions.
>>
>>    When OpenVPN is able to read crl.pem file, you'll get things
>> working the desired way.
>
> Great - thanks for the information. I moved the crl.pem file out of
> the directory (don't want to change permissions on that directory) and
> now OpenVPN can read it (I get connected, and the log is saying CRL
> CHECK OK.
>
> As another one said, I will now setup a cron job so that the file is
> copied once a day (that is adequate for this system).

    Try modifying the revoke-full and revoke-cert script for doing that
!! I'm sure you'll need no more than 2-3 new lines and it's done.

    The idea of revoking a certificate and it still continue valid for
some hours does bother me a lot. If i revoke a certificate, i want the
connection to be denied NOW ... and not in some hours, where the cron
job will run.

    OK, once a day can be adequate for your system ... but im sure
modifying the revoke scripts will be extremely easy and you'll get
immediatly revokation working :)

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues