Re: [Openvpn-users] basic requirement

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] basic requirement
  • From: "Bart van den Heuvel" <bart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:58:05 +0200

Hello Peter,

OpenVPN does not try to ping a host before connecting to it. It only uses
the port you tell it to use either with tcp or udp. Typically port 1194 and
udp but you can use any unused port you want.

You might want to review your serverconfig file and setup your firewall and
client configfiles with the same properties.

Regards,

Bart van den Heuvel