Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN as a Windows system service?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN as a Windows system service?
  • From: "Matt Shields" <mattboston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:17:49 -0400

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a secure pin when the
machine connects automatically?  If this is related to the other post
about trying to get a remote machine on AD or NT Domain.  Bring the
machine into the office, join the domain, then go home.  When you log
in you'll be using cache credentials on your domain, then you start
the VPN and there you go you're on the domain.  I do it for 100+

On 6/1/07, Richard Hartmann <richih.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> we need to establish a OpenVPN connection before the user even logs in
> to Windows. I have to admit that I am not much of a Windows user, but
> I think we could achieve this with running OpenVPN as a Windows System
> Service.
> As we are using an Aladdin eToken with OpenSC to store the
> certificates, we are using OpenVPN 2.1 RC4.
> If you know of any way to pass the PIN for the token to OpenVPN via
> config file, I would also appreciate any pointers on this.
> I know that this reduces the security considerably, but I know of no
> way to manually enter the PIN before logging in (It would work with
> Linux :/ ). Establishing the connection before login is a hard
> requirement, whereas the PIN-less loading is not, so any hints that
> are not exactly in sync would still be gladly received.
> Thanks a lot,
> Richard
OpenVPN mailing lists