Re: [Openvpn-users] Securing Openvpn with IP based rules, need help!

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Securing Openvpn with IP based rules, need help!
  • From: jessica six <jessica6_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Patrick Steiner <steiner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

> but now the problem: when e member of the second
> group change his ip
> manual after connecting (example: from
> the user bypass the firewall rule and he can act as
> an user from the
> first group.
> now my question: is it possible to make the vpn
> connection unusable when
> the client change his ip manual or to forbid that
> the client user can
> change his ip? or any other ideas how i can separate
> this two groups?

I think your problem is that the server is remembering
your client's old IP, and re-assigning it back to the
same client when possible.
There's probably an option that can be thrown to
instruct the server to not try to re-assign the same
IP to the same clients, and to assign IPs as if it has
never seen the client before.

OpenVPN mailing lists