[Openvpn-users] Windows TAP shows unplugged status even though VPN is working

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows TAP shows unplugged status even though VPN is working
  • From: "John Conneely" <john278@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:33:41 -0500

I have bridged my TAP device with a local lan, and my VPN is working
quite well.  However, when I disconnect and reconnect the VPN, the
ethernet TAP device still shows up as unplugged in the notification
area.  If I double click on the TAP in the network connections control
panel and hit "OK", the status is correctly updated as connected.
However, if openvpn goes down and up again, it shows the "unplugged"
status until I repeat the process.  I'm using OpenVPN 2.0.9 on Windows
XP.

Is this a known issue, or something specific to my setup?  Would
upgrading to the 2.1 release candidate help?

Thanks!