Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Royalty

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Royalty
  • From: "Henric Rosvall" <henric@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:46:53 +0200

Just to see if I've gotten your text right...

If I have a software that can fetch data from a MySQL-server (And I
believe the MySQL-JDBC-driver-jar is released under GPL 2), I only have
to release the sourcecode to that part of the software that handles the
database-communication, and uses the data from the database. The other
classes that doesn't rely on accessing or using data from MySQL can be
closed source?
Or are "derived works" such a loose term, that all the code in the
entire software has to be published if I wish to let the users access a
MySQL-DB?  (And yes, I know you can buy a non-GPL-license from MySQL,
but for arguments sake, lets say you can't)

// Henric Rosvall