Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Royalty

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Royalty
  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:36:40 -0500

Eero Volotinen wrote:

>> Sorry for confusion  I do not want to sale openvpn but want to use openvpn
>> for  software which I am developing and sale that software which is
>> integrated with  Open vpn for commercial purpose
> If you integrate (link) your software with openvpn, then it is
> impossible under
> gpl 2 (because you need to release source for both software, which is
> not very good selling point..)

The GPL doesn't restrict selling covered works, but it does require that
you make the source available to anyone who receives binaries and that
you cannot restrict additional redistribution.  However this only
applies to things that can be considered 'derived works' under copyright
law.  It does not apply to other works that might be included in the
same distribution.  If you include source for anything covered by the
GPL or derived works, you can apply whatever terms you want to your own

   Les Mikesell

Openvpn-users mailing list