Re: [Openvpn-users] Slow Performance with Windows Clients

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Slow Performance with Windows Clients
  • From: "Mike Haun" <mike.haun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:33:37 -0400

On 5/28/07, ournixnation@xxxxxxxxx <ournixnation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have not looked at the routing tables, but I am pretty sure all the traffic is going through the tunnel. I have went to places such as ipchicken.com on the client and it gives me the servers ip address, I have also tested and the dns has been pushed sucessfully and all traceroutes flow through the vpn server. So I am pretty sure all traffic is going through the vpn, and even if some traffic wasn't, why would I only see a slow down of traffic, instead of a loss of connectivity?

Thanks!

I was thinking that possibly on the OS X machine, your "speed measuring test" traffic was going out from the client's local connection, but was going thru the tunnel on the Windows machine -- all because of routing.  Therefore, explaining the difference in speed between the two.