[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN TLS Issue

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN TLS Issue
  • From: dassey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 04:37:07 -0700

It doesn't happen every time, but when I try to connect to the server
a lot of the time i seem to get the below TLS error. Maybe every 3rd
try I get the error. Searched through the past list items and I have
seen the error reported a few times, but no one ever was able to
answer how to resolve the issue. Any help is appreciated. It seems to
happen a LOT since I updated to rc2 for OpenVPN

Server Info:
FC4
OpenVPN 2.1_rc2 i386-redhat-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO1] [EPOLL]
OpenSSL 0.9.7f

Server Logs (Log Level 4):
TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Fatal TLS error (check_tls_errors_co), restarting
SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, client-instance restarting

Sometimes this:
TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error