[Openvpn-users] Slow Performance with Windows Clients

I have an openvpn server running CentOS. If I connect with a Mac OS X client, I see a slowdown of about 10%, but if I connect with a Windows client, I see a slowdown of about 30%-50%. I have tried multiple windows clients and they are all equally slow. My vpn server is running in redirect-gateway mode, so all client traffic passes through the server. Any ideas as to why this is happening?