[Openvpn-users] Assistance with Bonjour over TUN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Assistance with Bonjour over TUN
  • From: "Egon Rinderer" <rindeee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 13:58:05 +0400

All,

I'm desperate for some assistance in trying to get OS X iChat to work using Bonjour across a TUN OpenVPN connection.  I cannot use a bridge connection due to other requirements on the VPN.  While I realize that any hacks that can make this work may be on the OS X side, and not the OpenVPN side, but I'm hoping someone here has found a solution.  Understanding that Bonjour does not multi-cast over point to point (or any non-local) connection, I suppose the only solution is to fool OS X into seeing the TUN connection as local.  Anyway, if anyone has ANY suggestions at all, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

ER