Re: [Openvpn-users] change outgoing nat interface

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] change outgoing nat interface
  • From: "\\dev \\null" <dsvpns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 12:43:11 +0800

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s -d [IP_ADDRESS_OF_ETH1:7] -j MASQUERADE

On 5/26/07, ournixnation@xxxxxxxxx <ournixnation@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
I have an openvpn server running with the redirect gateway option. I issued this command so that all data flows out of eth1:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE

when I do the above I can go to ipchicken.com and get see that I have the external ip of eth1, but I would instead like to have the external nat'd ip of eth1:7, but the nat command will not take an ethernet alias. So badically, how to I set the out going nat'd interface to be eth1:7, so that when I go to ipchicken.com I get the ip of eth1:7? Hope that wasn't too confusing!

█ IdealVPN  - VPN Solutions For Your Needs
█ Unleash P2P from your streamyx connection
█ Firewalled / In a college campus? No problem
█ MSN : darrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
█ Newly added server in China for your drama needs
█ Now accepting bulk orders