[Openvpn-users] Can I have more than one virtual ip scope on the VPN server?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Can I have more than one virtual ip scope on the VPN server?
  • From: <Arnstein.Nydahl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:08:12 +0200

Title: Can I have more than one virtual ip scope on the VPN server?

I have different groups of clients which should have access to one or more subnets behind my firewall. Is it possible to set up the OpenVPN-server with more than one virtual IP scope, or do I have to run one openvpn-instance for each IP scope?

Based on the how-to on openvpn.net, I have set up my system to have one dhcp-scope defined in server.conf for one group of users:

<Server 10.8.1.0 255.255.255.0>, and thus giving out spesific IP addresses to all other clients to be able to control different access through the firewall. This requires me to make one config file (..openvpn/ccd/<commonname>) for each client I want to give a spesific address <if-config-push 10.8.2.1 10.8.2.2>. I want to avoid this manual process of making a config file for all other users than the ones belonging to my "basic" subnet (10.8.1.0).

Oh, and my firewall is on a different server than my vpn-instance (if it matters..).

Any insight is welcomed
Arnstein