Re: [Openvpn-users] Location of OpenVPN binary after TunnelBlick installation

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Location of OpenVPN binary after TunnelBlick installation
  • From: Brent Gardner <brent.gardner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:00:51 -0700

(copied to the list)

Prasanna Krishnamoorthy wrote:
> Right click on the app bundle - choose show package contents.
>
> Or on the command line, simply 'cd /Applications/TunnelBlick.app/ '
>
> The 'app bundle' is just a directory filled with certain standard
> directories.
>
> Just curious, what does he need to do with the binary that's not
> possible in TunnelBlick?
>
> Prasanna.

Prasanna-

Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to eliminate TunnelBlick as a possible source for some
difficulties I'm experiencing.  I can get the Mac connected to the
remote network, I can always ping from the remote network through the
VPN connection to the Mac.  I can always ping the OpenVPN server from
the Mac through the VPN connection.  Sometimes I can ping from the Mac
through the VPN connection to the remote network, sometimes I can't.

The Mac is connecting to an established OpenVPN server running bridged
that's been successfully serving tens of Windows clients for a few years.

I've just seen some information on a FreeBSD list that leads me to
believe I may need to add static arp mappings for the machines across
the link.  I'll have my friend try that and I'll report back.

Brent Gardner