Re: [Openvpn-users] how to recover index.txt?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] how to recover index.txt?
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:09:38 +0000

Vyacheslav Druzhinin wrote:
> Hi, openvpn-users.
>
> My index.txt is corrupted, how can I recover it?

I don't think there is a canonical way to rebuild the index file. But
you could probably run

openssl x509 -noout -text

on all certificates, fetch the subject and the index number and build a
new index this way.

You (normally) only need the index for openssl ca operation, so it may
not be of any importance.

you may need reasonable values in serial and serial.old

cheers