[Openvpn-users] Passing variable from client to server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Passing variable from client to server
  • From: "Matt Shields" <mattboston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:00:22 -0400

Did see any responses, so I'm posting again.

I have openvpn setup as a server.  It uses AD/LDAP to authenticate.  I
have a script that takes the username and finds the approriate ccd
file based on the username.  What I would like to know, is there a way
I can put a variable in the client's config file and pass that to the
vpn server's client-connect script?

The reason is if we are using the AD username to hold the client IP
info, if a client has 2 or more machines they will currently be
assigned the same address.  So I want to pass a machine number for
these rare cases.