[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN working on Vista client, not on XP client (same config files)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN working on Vista client, not on XP client (same config files)
  • From: "Chuck Dubuque" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:45:25 -0700

I have set up OpenVPN 2.0.9 GUI on WinXP as a server for bridged VPN.
The bridging has been set up properly as far as I can tell since I can
access the server using my Vista machine as a client. However, I am
unable to get it to work from my WinXP machine using the exact same
config folder. The TAP adapter does not get a DHCP address. I can force
it using ip-win32 netsh, but it is unable to ping the remote VPN server
or anything else on the network. Vista gets the correct TAP IP from the
DHCP, can ping the entire remote network and resolves remote DNS
addresses.

There are no firewalls active right now on networks. Windows firewalls
disabled.

Can anyone help?

Server config:
Windows XP SP2 (no firewall)
Network is 192.168.1.1/24.
Static IP: 192.168.1.99 (assigned correctly to bridge interface)
DSL router at 192.168.1.1

Server.ovpn:
port 1194
proto udp
dev tap
dev-node OpenVPN
ca ca.crt
cert copsvpn.crt
key copsvpn.key
dh dh1024.pem
server-bridge 192.168.1.99 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.221
duplicate-cn
client-to-client
keepalive 10 120
tls-auth ta.key