[Openvpn-users] Multiple VPNs on one server

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Multiple VPNs on one server
  • From: Paweł Stradomski <pstradomski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:19:04 +0200

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to create multiple Virtual networks on one VPN server.
The networks must be fully separated and there is no physical LAN at the
server which should be made available - there are simply some groups of users
and the server should provide a separate VPN for each one.

Using multiple UDP ports is not an option, although it would probably be the
simplest solution.

I was thinking about using xinetd to spawn multiple openVPN instances. As far
as I understand this would create a separate tun interface for each client.
Then I would use per-client configuration to assign an IP to this interface
and create networks by setting up routing and iptables rules.

Would that work? Is there a better option?