Re: [Openvpn-users] static ip for clients

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] static ip for clients
  • From: Steve Finkelstein <sf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:20:45 -0400

This is a copy/paste directly from the HOWTO located here
http://openvpn.net/howto.html:

---

Because we will be assigning fixed IP addresses for specific System
Administrators and Contractors, we will use a client configuration
directory:

    client-config-dir ccd

Now place special configuration files in the ccd subdirectory to define
the fixed IP address for each non-Employee VPN client.
ccd/sysadmin1

    ifconfig-push 10.8.1.1 10.8.1.2

ccd/contractor1

    ifconfig-push 10.8.2.1 10.8.2.2

ccd/contractor2

    ifconfig-push 10.8.2.5 10.8.2.6

Each pair of ifconfig-push addresses represent the virtual client and
server IP endpoints. They must be taken from successive /30 subnets in
order to be compatible with Windows clients and the TAP-Win32 driver.

- sf