[Openvpn-users] bad source address from client - iroute i know

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] bad source address from client - iroute i know
  • From: Bryon Baily <Bryon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:48:56 -0400

Hey I know the question "MULTI: bad source address from client" question
is answered in the FAQ, my problems have not been fully answered from
the FAQ.

Below is the answer I get.  I was down at my local University campus
when I tried to use OpenVPN that was sitting inside my  apartment.  I
hope to set up my server so when I am on different networks I do not
have issues.

>LOG:1179360428,,bab/18.188.75.47:1262 MULTI: bad source address from
client [18.188.75.47], packet dropped
>LOG:1179360428,,bab/18.188.75.47:1262 MULTI: bad source address from

I logged in just fine, but I was not able to transmit any traffic and
received the error above.  So my question is how do I set my config so
that I don't need to put in a iroute every time I am on a different
network.

Laptop --- INTERNET --- Apartment Router --- OpenVPN Server