[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over Nortel contivity Problems

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over Nortel contivity Problems
  • From: Andrew Gargan <andrew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:12:32 +0200

Hi All

I have a problem with an OpenVPN setup

I basically have a Fedora Core 6 Box running as a firewall between to
local Networks of a client.

 From the "outside of the firewall on the local networks I am able to
connect to the OpenVPN server and through it connect to
the machines behind the firewall (ping,Remote Desktop etc.)

The client needs to be able to access this OpenVPN server from home and
as such they connect to their work network via
a Nortel VPN.

I can establish a connection to my OpenVPN server once their Nortel VPN
is connected to their first office network but:

I am no longer able to connect to the machines behind the OpenVPN server
of any of the VPN ip addresses bar the one assigned to
the client itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to find a solution to
this very shortly or I will be forced to go with an IPSec VPN
with which I have no experience.

Regards

Andrew Gargan (Systems Administrator)

Systems Automation & Management (PTY) Ltd.
http://www.sam.co.za/

Tel: +27 11 803 0570 (ext 12)
Fax: +27 11 803 3486

QOTD - "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"
Confidentiality Note:

This message and its attachments ("the Email") is a confidential communication,
may contain legally privileged information and is intended only for the indicated
addressee/s ("the Addressee"). The retention, use, copying or distribution of the
Email other than by the Addressee is prohibited. If you have received the Email in
error, you are kindly requested to notify SAM immediately at info@xxxxxxxxx and
delete the email and destroy any printed documents. SAM does not warrant that the
Email is virus-free, that (having regard to the nature of electronic data) it is
complete or accurate and is not responsible for any loss or damage occasioned to
any person as a result thereof.