Re: [Openvpn-users] Sniffing My Own Traffic

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Sniffing My Own Traffic
  • From: "Leonard Isham" <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 07:52:01 -0400

On 5/11/07, Jonah <slimjonah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Leonard.
>
> I can capture the packets but still can't figure out
> how to view the
> plaintext (ie, the source) of http traffic.  Do you
> know how?

Please don't top post it makes it difficult for people to help tou as
it messes up the order the information is in and will limit the number
of people that actually read what you wrote. Bottom or in-line posting
is better and will get you more responses.

Wireshark can extract out the plain text, but I don't think it can di
it automatically. You could increase the verbosity of windump and
direct it into a file.

> Leonard Isham wrote:
> > On 5/11/07, Jonah <slimjonah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like the ability to sniff my own web
> traffic
> >> in plaintext on my
> >> windows machines running ovpn (ie, the decrypted
> >> traffic).  It would be
> >> fine if the program that accomplished this required
> >> the client certs,
> >> since they are on my machine anyway in the config
> >> folder.
> >>
> >> Is this possible?  If there is not something
> readily
> >> available to
> >> accomplish this, how hard would it be to create?  I
> >> really need the
> >> ability to keep logs of all the traffic, and would
> pay
> >> to have it built
> >> if needed.
> >>

> > Wireshark or windump, both need winpcap, to work.
> google for both and
> > decide which works best for you.

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it,

Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.