Re: [Openvpn-users] Fwd: OpenVPN V2.1 RC4 Install Changes

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Fwd: OpenVPN V2.1 RC4 Install Changes
  • From: "Brett Serkez" <bserkez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:05:18 -0400

Erich,

On 5/10/07, Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brett Serkez schrieb:
> > I've been researching and have as yet to find a way to hide the TAP tray icon.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do this?

<snip>
>    Characteristics = 0x89
>
> So the characteristics here show the TAP as hidden, virtual with a UI
<snip>

Thank you for this response, I was able to find the appropriate
registry entry and modify it from 0x81 to 0x89, which did the trick.

This does bring me back to my original posting, part of which was:

"Using openvpn-2.0.9-gui-1.0.3-install there were the following two
options which seem to have been removed in openvpn-2.1_rc4-install:

'AutoStart OpenVPN GUI'
'Hide the TAP-Win32 Virtual Ethernet Adapter'"

It *sounds* like these features were not removed from the GUI
installer, which leads me to believe these *missing* options are part
of the re-packaging of the GUI installer within the OpenVPN installer.

Is this a correct assessment?

Are there any plans to expose the above GUI Installer options in the
OpenVPN installer?

Thank you,