Re: [Openvpn-users] Number of host

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Number of host
  • From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:02:22 -0300

Manish Gajbhiye escreveu:
> Thanks for your reply . But i get the zero (0) result . For testing purpose
> we are conneced two client to openvpn server . and execute the command.

    For that command work, you have to configure OpenVPN to maintain the
openvpn-status.log file. Luckly, that's pretty easy. Just get this on
your server conf file:

# save status file each 15 seconds
status /etc/openvpn/openvpn-status.log 15
status-version 2

    restart OpenVPN, reconnect your clients and then some cat/grep/wc -l
on that file should do the job.

    the exact command  provived by John didnt worked for me. I even
tried status-version 1, but didnt work either.

    for me, i was something like:

[root@firewall ~]# cat /etc/openvpn/openvpn-status.log  | grep
"192.168.100." | wc -l
5
[root@firewall ~]#

    192.168.100. is the network my VPN clients receive addresses. Change
to your configurations and you should do it.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx