[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on Virtual Servers

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on Virtual Servers
  • From: "Dennis Muhlestein" <djmuhlestein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:33:44 -0600

I have a rather strange problem.  I have a production environment with
a number of servers that host all our applications on virtual servers
(Xen).  The physical machines don't run any application software.  I
installed OpenVPN on one of the Virtual servers.  When connecting to
the VPN, I can connect to any server in our network except other
virtual machines that are on the same physical machine as the vpn
host.  If I ssh into the vpn host, from there I can connect to those
machines just fine, it's only through the vpn that it doesn't work.
It looks like it would be some type of firewall issue, but there isn't
any firewall software running on the machines.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might look for hints.
I've watched messages in the openvpn.log but nothing jumps out as a
possible problem source.
OpenVPN mailing lists