[Openvpn-users] Expected Hash

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Expected Hash
  • From: Andrew Good <agood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 13:00:11 +0900

Greetings,

First off I'd like to say that OpenVPN is a wonderful piece of software.
Now let's get to the question.

I'm having a problem with the hash and expected hash differing using
OpenVPN 2.0.9. I turned the verb up to 4 on OpenVPN to see exactly what
option is different. Here are the results

Server Options:
V4,dev-type tun,link-mtu 1542,tun-mtu 1500,proto UDPv4,comp-lzo,keydir
0,cipher BF-CBC,auth SHA1,keysize 128,tls-auth,key-method 2,tls-server

Client Options:
V4,dev-type tun,link-mtu 1542,tun-mtu 1500,proto UDPv4,comp-lzo,keydir
1,cipher BF-CBC,auth SHA1,keysize 128,tls-auth,key-method 2,tls-client

As you can see the only options that differ are keydir 0/1 and
tls-client/server, but these should obviously be different correct? I'd
like to get OpenVPN to stop complaining about the expected hash if
possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew