Re: [Openvpn-users] basic question about windows domain and openvpn

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] basic question about windows domain and openvpn
  • From: "Matt Westveld" <mwestveld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:11:59 -0400

OpenVPN just handles the ip routing/tunneling part - the domain part is
a separate issue - dealing with windows networking.

If you know the IP address of the machine (windows server or ?) you can
access the shares by (On XP for example):
By going to Start button -> run -> type
\\ipaddress and hit enter

It will then prompt for a password and/or give you a list of the
resources available through windows networking (SMB) on that machine.

You may get more functionality by setting your DNS entry on your home
machine to the DNS server of the office network - although that will
also lead to extra traffic normal web surfing will also send queries to
the office server.