Re: [Openvpn-users] Nagios monitoring a remote openvpn server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Nagios monitoring a remote openvpn server
  • From: Nejc Škoberne <nejc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:32:41 +0200

> That's a great idea, but I wanted to make sure that the port was
> actually accepting connections, not just that the process was running.

This situation (openvpn process running, but not accepting packets, i.e.
being frozen) never occured to my openvpn boxen (which I have a few dozens),
so I don't feel the need to check this. However, this is not the case with
e.g. some versions of amavisd-new, which I need to check with check_tcp.

> Plus, I don't want to have to install Nagios on the target machine as it
> is OS X, and not always nice to me when I ask it to compile or assemble
> packages.  I just don't have the time to fuss with it.

I understand. However, you don't need to install Nagios, "only" Nagios
plugins and NRPE. :)

OpenVPN mailing lists