Re: [Openvpn-users] Nagios monitoring a remote openvpn server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Nagios monitoring a remote openvpn server
  • From: Brian Neu <proclivity76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:04:05 -0700 (PDT)

That's a great idea, but I wanted to make sure that the port was actually accepting connections, not just that the process was running.

Plus, I don't want to have to install Nagios on the target machine as it is OS X, and not always nice to me when I ask it to compile or assemble packages.  I just don't have the time to fuss with it.

Nejc ?koberne <nejc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

> In trying to monitor that the server's UDP port is still up and
> accepting connections, I've tried using the nagios plugin "check_udp"
> like so . .

I don't use check_udp but check_procs, which checks the number of "openvpn"
processes running. I am running it via NRPE.

Bye,
Nejc