[Openvpn-users] Windows problems

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows problems
  • From: "Wes Faul" <wes.faul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:08:22 -0800

I'm having a problem accessing the network resources on my work LAN via OpenVPN.  I'm able to connect to the server using OpenVPN GUI 1.0.3 from my Windows 2000 Pro workstation at home, and it assigns an IP address of  I can ping the local IP address of the OpenVPN server  I can even ping the LAN IP address of the OpenVPN server  I cannot, however, ping any of the other LAN IP addresses or access any of the workstations on the LAN.
I do not have a domain at home, so Win2K doesn't ask for a domain.  Work does have a domain.

When I do a tracert on my work workstation in the domain, it times out after  It's almost like it's not bridging from 10.0.10.X to 192.9.199.X.  If the OpenVPN server isn't on the domain, then I need to be able to supply domain credentials (username and password).  Is there any way to specify to connect using specific username and passwords?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Thanks for any help.