Re: [Openvpn-users] Nat- Traverse configuration with OpenVPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Nat- Traverse configuration with OpenVPN
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:36:45 +0000

Manish Gajbhiye wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> Thanks for your instance reply. What i am trying in openvpn .
> I am running OpenVPN 2.1 on my Centos 4.4.Linux Box and its working fine
> . With the help of Windows base openvpn client  we are able to connect
> my OpenVPN Server . Now i have configured the Linux Firewall in Same
> OpenVPN Box and with the help of Windwows base openvpn client try to
> connect the OpenVPN Server . But due to Firewall we are unable  to login
> the openvpn server . We don't want to open the OpenVPN port in LInux
> Firewall .

Why, if you want to use it as an OpenVPN Gatewa, you will have to allow
some sort of access, be it port 1194 or another.

Is any way to bypass the Linix Firewall and connect to
> OpenVPN Windows Client to OpenVPN Server.

Which OpenVPN server? It is on the same box. Bypassing is equivalent to
opening the connection to the firewall itself.

cheers

Erich