[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Client Login with Pypass Linux Firewall

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Client Login with Pypass Linux Firewall
  • From: Manish Gajbhiye <debashu06@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:11:57 +0530

Hello,

I an running OpenVPN 2.1 on my Centos 4.4.Linux Box and its working fine . With the help of Windows base openvpn client  we are able to connect my OpenVPN Server . Now i have configured the Linix Firewall in Same OpenVPN Box and with the help of Windwows base openvpn client try to connect the OpenVPN Server . But due to Firewall we are unbale to login the openvpn server . We don't want to open the OpenVPN port in LInux Firewall . Is any way to bypass the Linix Firewall and connect to OpenVPN Windows Client to OpenVPN Server.

The OpenVPN Server Configuration file is Given Below.

port 1194

proto udp

dev tap
.
ca ca.cert
cert /root/OpenVPN/openvpn-2.1_rc1/easy-rsa/2.0/keys/server.crt
key server.key  # This file should be kept secret

dh /root/OpenVPN/openvpn-2.1_rc1/easy-rsa/2.0/keys/dh1024.pem

.
server 10.0.0.0 255.255.0.0

ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt

.
push "route 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0"

push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.1.1."
.
client-to-client

duplicate-cn

.
keepalive 10 120

tls-auth /root/OpenVPN/openvpn-2.1_rc1/easy-rsa/2.0/keys/secret.key 0 # This file is secret

comp-lzo

max-clients 100

.
user nobody
group nobody

.
persist-key
persist-tun

status openvpn-status.log

verb 3

plugin /root/OpenVPN/OpenVPN/openvpn-2.1_rc1/plugin/auth-pam/openvpn-auth-pam.so login

client-cert-not-required
username-as-common-name
#auth-user-pass-verify auth-pam.pl via-file

Couid anyone suggest me how to do this . I am working since last 2 days . But Could not loging the openvpn server with Linux Firewall

Thanks & Regards
Manish
09890164937