Re: [Openvpn-users] Do I need to open vnc ports on the vpn server?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Do I need to open vnc ports on the vpn server?
  • From: Wallace Yang <yangres2002@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Sameh, for your attention. VNC is a
client/server program that allows a computer to be
controlled remotely by another computer by mouse and
keyboard. Normally, VNC works without any
complications on the local LAN. However, if I want to
control the computer being blocked by a firewall over
the internet (controlling an office computer from
home, for example), one way is to connect both home
and office first as clients to a virtual private
network, and then  control the office computer from
home using VNC. In my initial tests, though, it seems
I can't do this if the vnc port is blocked despite the
firewall rules: iptables -A INPUT -i tun+ j ACCEPT and
iptables -A FORWARD -i tun+ j ACCEPT.

Wallace

What do u mean by "I want to connect the clients using
vnc"? please
elaborate.
--
Sameh Attia

On 4/10/07, Wallace Yang <yangres2002@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dear Openvpn users:
>
> I'm running an openvpn server on my linux firewall.
> have the firewall rules: iptables -A INPUT -i tun+ j
> ACCEPT and iptables -A FORWARD -i tun+ j ACCEPT. If
> have 2 vpn clients connected to the server and I
want
> to connect the clients using vnc, it seems that I
have