Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem for set a CA key

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem for set a CA key
  • From: Vladimír Benc <v.benc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:35:50 +0200

Dne pondělí  9.dubna 2007 18:47:22
Bruno Sampayo <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napsal(a):

> Hey List,
>   I'm following this official howto from openvpn.net:
>          Howto:
>         http://openvpn.net/howto.html
>
> Accurately in this step on howto I got this status:
>
> "Next, initialize the PKI. On Linux/BSD/Unix:"
>
>     *. ./vars

That's right.

>       debian:/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa# ./vars
>       NOTE: when you run ./clean-all, I will be doing a rm -rf
> on /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys

That isn't.

you must execute the "vars" as written by the howto:
debian:/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa# . ./vars

the leading dot is important because it import the environment variables
from "vars" to your shell. You call the ./vars without it, so scipt
runs fine, but the variables are treated as local in script and in end
all variables are deleted.

It's working on bash/sh ....  csh don't accept this syntax (AFAIK).

Bye,
Vlada Benc