[Openvpn-users] Bridging without NIC and dhcp

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Bridging without NIC and dhcp
  • From: Jan Luehr <jluehr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:54:41 +0200

I'd like to connect several accesspoints across the internet in order to built
a VPN, but I've some questions setting it up... *g*

- I've a server runnig 24/7 which should be serve as a backbone
- Each accesspoint does have it's static IP (
- The accesspoints are runnig olsr. olsr is an ad-hoc routing protocol, using
broadcasts, therefore it seems I'm forced to run a bridging VPN.
- The server doesn't have a network interface I can brigde my vpn with.

Is it possible to run a brigding VPN without explicitly have an interface to
brigde with on my server?
Can I create some kind of virtual interface to brigde with?

Thanks in advance,
Keep smiling
OpenVPN mailing lists