[Openvpn-users] Odd Restart Bug On Windows

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Odd Restart Bug On Windows
  • From: Jonah <slimjonah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

I am using the latest version of openVPN on WinXP
Home, and have been
encountering a very odd bug.

I will start up openVPN in the command line (by right
clicking my ovpn
file), and then it connects to my server.  Everything
works fine for a
while.... I will open a couple programs, everything
working as normal
over the VPN connection.  Then, usually after a few
minutes, I will open
up another program, and as soon as the program is
opened openVPN
disconnects and the computer immediately restarts.  I
thought it might
be a problem with sygate firewall, so I tried turning
that off, but to
no avail -- the problem persisted.

The computer restarts so quickly (under half a second)
that I don't even
have time to read all of openVPN's console output,
though it does spit
out a few lines, one of which reads something like,
"closing TUP...."

Anyone have any clue what's causing this?

Get your own web address.