[Openvpn-users] Trying to create a private proxy server.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Trying to create a private proxy server.
  • From: davood khoshfetrat <dav_gh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Sorry if these question looks foolish, but I need
help.
In my country there is a strict censorship on
internet, It's why I need a proxy server. I tried
several other options in last few years (public proxy
servers, web based proxies, ..) but they can't solve
my problem completely. last week I find anonybrowser
and their service. Actually their service is great,
the only problem is that it's a known company and can
be blocked any time by government. Also I noticed that
their client is openvp, it's how I find you and your
project.
My question is that, can I use openvpn client and
server for establishing my tunnel and therefor
accessing to internet without any restriction? I think
it will change my IP to IP address of server which is
awesome.
After some research it seems I need ssh, root access
and vps on a server for running openvpn server. I find
a suitable hosting (standard plan of
http://www.eapps.com/Docs/VPSStandardPrices.jsp),
which seems can solve my problem. It will be great if
you can tell me if it's possible or not to sue this
hosting with openvpn for creating a private proxy
server.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Best.