[Openvpn-users] Trying to create a private proxy server.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Trying to create a private proxy server.
  • From: davood khoshfetrat <dav_gh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry if these question looks foolish, but I need
In my country there is a strict censorship on
internet, It's why I need a proxy server. I tried
several other options in last few years (public proxy
servers, web based proxies, ..) but they can't solve
my problem completely. last week I find anonybrowser
and their service. Actually their service is great,
the only problem is that it's a known company and can
be blocked any time by government. Also I noticed that
their client is openvp, it's how I find you and your
My question is that, can I use openvpn client and
server for establishing my tunnel and therefor
accessing to internet without any restriction? I think
it will change my IP to IP address of server which is
After some research it seems I need ssh, root access
and vps on a server for running openvpn server. I find
a suitable hosting (standard plan of
which seems can solve my problem. It will be great if
you can tell me if it's possible or not to sue this
hosting with openvpn for creating a private proxy

Looking forward to hear from you.