Re: [Openvpn-users] VoIP with OpenVPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] VoIP with OpenVPN
  • From: "Andrew N. Gray" <agray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:21:37 -0400

Our office uses open vpn to link to another office.

We run 4 phones, 4 windows terminal clients, other various data
across 768 upstream cable modem connections,.

We average 33 ms ping times. We use Nortel Hard IP phone (i2004)
connected to a BCM 50.  We have two OpenVPNs, one to bridge across
the offices across the cable connection and one for road warriors
over another DSL connection. (both UDP/Bridged)  we use TC for QOS
over the cable vpn.

To say it works great is an understatement.  You can get a great
sounding connection over the Hard phones or via the Nortel Softphone
on your laptop via the road warrior version.

I have even checked my voice mail over an cellular broad band

You mileage will vary, depending on the codecs and the ping times,